Friday 6 February 2009

The Why

Hi!

So, I've finished my law degree (thank god) and I thought it would be an excellent idea to not go straight on to do the BVC, but rather take a year out and work full time and save save save! The BVC is particularly expensive afterall, and as you might guess from the blog name, I don't have any money to fall back on. Sounds sensible enough, but this is proving to be more difficult than I expected, for 2 reasons.

1. Now that I am earning money, I can't stop spending it!!! I've always budgeted with the mindset of making sure I don't spend more money than I have, and pretty much spend my last £ or so just before I get my next wage packet/student loan or whatever. But now.... I'm still doing it! The fact that I'm earning more just makes me budget for more stuff!

2. I'm out of touch. I do what I can to keep up to date with legal news, but its not easy. I've lost the daily contact with studying law that came with uni, and having other important stuff going on, like working late, drinking late and staying up all night watching Gossip Girl, it is hard to keep track.

I'm working on the money saving problem. Kind of. But this blog is hopefully going to keep me up to date with the law news stuff, because I will probably keep checking other law student blogs, and maybe they'll even discover me. At which point i'll have to "man up" as B, my flatmate would say (even tho I'm not a man) and try and look like I know important stuff by making offhand casual references to cases I looked up on wiki. :)

So that is the why. I guess I'll do the who tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Conman, (You will need to let us know a better name to call you)

    I am doing the BVC now, and am shockingly embarrassed at my lack of legal knowledge.

    I will admit though, that as we get tasks to complete, I gaze in horror at the questions, check one of my ABC books of law, and it all comes back. In fact, I have even found myself understanding things I couldn't get to grips with at Uni.

    Swizz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swizz,

    I agree, working on the name, although where "Conman" came from I'm not sure :p

    CLG

    ReplyDelete
  3. ECG, I think CLG will do, and it seems to have been taken up by others what is more cleverer than what I is, but you will find that I never get names rights anyway!

    swizz

    ReplyDelete