Monday 16 February 2009

Special K

My cousin, Special K, has been offered a place at university!!!
She will be the second person ever from our family to go to uni, and I am sooo proud of her. A few months ago she was completely disenchanted by the whole thing and decided not to bother applying. She told me that it wasn't for her, that it would be too hard and basically came up with a load of excuses to disguise the fact that she didn't feel that she was good enough. Which is ridiculous when you consider the fact that her name is Special K. That is exactly what I told her at the time, and turns out, she actually listened to me!
I am hoping that when she does go to university, she begins to realise just how cool she is. Sometimes I think she doesn't give herself enough credit, she lets other people think that they are somehow better than she is. But they really really aren't. I hope that when she goes to university she meets people that recognise how brilliant she is, and encourage her to shine.
I'm so happy that she's decided to push herself and get a degree. But I'll be making sure she has someone to talk to in case she encounters the law zombies. Presumably she wont have too much trouble with that though, because she'll be studying Media and Religious Studies... But you never know.
This post is probably a bit mushy and sentimental, but she is the only person I've told about this blog, so y'know, gotta show her love and all that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey .. mushy and sentimental is good !!!
    Well done for being so supportive .

    Steph x

    ReplyDelete