Sunday 1 August 2010

...and breathe.

I am finally settled!!! :D I have moved back down south, to a beautiful love nest with Lovely Boy, settled in to my new job and for the time being at least, all is calm. I can breathe!!! It is such a relief, we have even finally sorted out our broadband, so in theory I can actually get back into writing this blog without feeling the need to close the screen every five seconds because my sister has walked in to the room.

In terms of the BVC, exam results for year 1 were fine. I'm on target for a VC if things carry on the way they are going. The nerves got the best of me in my Advocacy 1 exam which seriously sucked as all year I was doing so well, but as everything else went well I'm not allowing it to eat away at me too much. I've had 2 pupillage interviews this time around, the first one (on the day I moved house) was a total train wreck, I got lost on my way there and was pretty flustered and couldn't really think straight - so there was no surprise when I didn't get through to the second round. The second interview went really well I think. The panel had really read my application in advance and their questions were quite encouraging. I know it is unlikely that I'll secure pupillage this year, given it's my first crack at it, but still I'm slightly apprehensive about tomorrow as no rejection has been forthcoming as yet.

As much as I've moaned about being so busy over the last few months, I've still found plenty of time to party all over London since I've been back, and I even partied in Germany for a weekend with my friends and a boat load of HOT German men. Lovely Boy was at home, naturally ;)

It's soooo good to be back! :)

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back, CLG - well done wth respect to your first year BVC, and fingers crossed that you have a favourable outcome from your interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are a bit more settled for you now.

    Great to have an 'old regular'* back in the 'sphere.

    *please don't take offence; you know what I mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your results, goodluck with the news re: pupillage interview and its nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, to be considered an "old regular" is just fine by me :)

    AW and Minx, cheers for the well wishes, its very nice to have the luxury of being able to tap away on the computer and be welcomed back when doing so :D

    ReplyDelete