Thursday 3 September 2009

Day 1 of BVC

... was brilliant :)

All of the other PT students that I got chatting to seemed down to earth, nice friendly decent people. All of them are working as well and all of them had personalities. Not a Law Zombie in sight. Given that my experience of other law students at university was quite a negative one, this was such a relief and I'm over the moon about how nice everybody was. A few people seemed absolutely insane, commuting in for the course from the far reaches of the globe (!), and given that so many of them have families and children as well as a full time job to juggle, I don't feel nearly so hard done by with my unclear employment situation.

The course itself is exciting me no end. The only bit today that seemed a bit dreary was Civil Lit which doesn't surprise me, I'm a Crime girl at the end of the day. But even that was exciting in the sense that everything is relevant, it is all about how you actually go about being a Barrister rather than the academic studying of the law itself. It almost made me giggle a bit at one point from sheer excitement. It just seems so surreal that all of a sudden, I've started the BVC. At one point at uni I never thought I'd make it, and with all of the bad luck I've been having with work and housing, I haven't had time to worry and be nervous about it beginning, I just kind of turned up to register and there I was, in the lecture theatre starting the course!

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you enjoyed your first day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Good to hear that you had such a fab first day and that you met some 'real' people. I'd recommend that you embrace Civil Lit from day one and make the White Book your very best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely HATE civil litigation... but my best friend (who pretty much dislikes what I hate) actually came to terms with the subject quite quickly (whereas I never did). I put it down to the fact that she was studying the BVC (while I did the LPC) and she got to look at the area from a different angle.

    Good to hear you're enjoying the course so far, goodluck with the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you settled in well at BPP. Civil lit is boring, but easier to revise (than crim) come MCT time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're settling in to the BVC, CLG!

    All the very best in your endeavours!

    Enjoy the course in all its ugly, lovely, intensity - your time on it will fly by!!

    ReplyDelete