Thursday 12 March 2009

To err is human, to wig is divine

To the young Barrister that spoke to me in the court building stairway:
OH! How I wished you would take me in your arms, kiss me tenderly and declare you're undying devotion to me!


It is an unfair circumstance that a wig and gown can make a man so desirable. I knew full well that without them, I wouldn't have looked twice at him. I have very high standards, he would not have made the cut. But instead I was left flustered on my way out of court while he went down to the cells, having winked at me as he walked past.

And why did the words "mini-pupil master" sound so dirty when he said them?? They certainly haven't had that effect when I've been with my mini pupil master. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Y' see, CLG, heres the thing about court dress - ordinary blokes look pretty Damned Devastating, while the truly STUNNING are forced to spend a significant proportion of their time beating just about everyone they can think of off with the nearest copy to hand of Archbold's.....! O Temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so unfair of the young Barrister in question to take such advantage of his devastating attire to talk to me the way he did. My knees were so weak I nearly fell down the stairs!!

    But how devastating will we be when we're in court dress too Minxy, just think about that... I can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear CLG, I was called to the Bar By Middle Temple at Michaelmas, and have already been confronted by the personal HORROR of myself in full court dress, which is why I am on a DIET, one can only look waspish and truly DEVASTATING in wig and gown if one is at one's ideal bodyweight!!!
    I will admit, though, it felt pretty bloody good!! :)))

    ReplyDelete